Effective Date: March 7, 2017
- Information We Collect
In our operation of the PsyberGuide Website, and our provision of products and services to you and other users, we collect, use, and retain all information and data, including Personal Information, that (1) you or others voluntarily submit to us (described below under “User Supplied Information”) and (2) automatically collected from all visitors to the PsyberGuide Website (described below under “Passive Data Collection”).
Note Regarding the Use of the PsyberGuide Website by Children: We do not knowingly seek or collect personal information from users under the age of 13. If we determine we have inadvertently gathered personal information from a user under the age of 13, we will promptly delete any and all such personal information from our records. The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 and other laws have been established to protect the privacy of minors and we abide by all federal and state laws and guidelines regarding youth privacy.
Note Regarding HIPAA: You understand and acknowledge that we are not a covered entity within the meaning of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 and its related regulations set forth in Parts 160, 162, and 164 of Title 45 of the Code of Federal Regulations (collectively, “HIPAA”) and are not acting on behalf of a covered entity and that any information you submit to us through or in connection with the PsyberGuide Website that would otherwise be regarded as protected health information for purposes of HIPAA will not be subject to the limitations on the use and disclosure of such information by covered entities under HIPAA.
- User Supplied Information
You are not required to create a user account or provide any personal information in order to visit the PsyberGuide Website. In order to sign up for our newsletter, you need to provide us with your first and last name and a valid email address. You will need to provide your payment information and billing information to make donations to us.
- Passive Data Collection
Under California law, website and online service operators are required to disclose how they respond to web browser “do not track” signals or other similar mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personal information about a consumer’s online activities over time and across third party websites, to the extent the operator engages in that collection. We do not track our users’ personal information over time and across third-party websites and therefore this requirement does not apply to us. California law also requires website and online service operators to disclose whether third parties may collect personal information about their consumer’s online activities over time and across different sites when the consumers use the operator’s website or service. We do not knowingly permit third parties to collect any personal information from the PsyberGuide Website unless you directly provide it to us and we provide it to them with your consent.
- How We Use Personal Information
We use Personal Information to establish and enhance our relationship with you and others. We may use Personal Information in the following ways:
- Fulfillment of Requests. We may use Personal Information about you to respond to your requests such as to send newsletters to you or to process your donations.
- Informational Communications. From time to time, we may use Personal Information about you to inform you of products and services or new features of the PsyberGuide Website that we believe may be of interest to you. If you would prefer us not to send such messages to you, please see the “Opt-Out” section below.
- Administrative Communications. From time to time, we may use Personal Information about you to send to you important information regarding the PsyberGuide Website, including privacy or security-related notices, and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies or other administrative information. Because this information may be important to your use of the PsyberGuide Website, you may not opt-out of receiving such communications.
- Receipts and Thank You Notes to Donors. We may use Personal Information about you to send automatically generated receipts and thank you notes to donors.
- Other Purposes. From time to time, we may use Personal Information about you (i) to administer, operate, improve and maintain the PsyberGuide Website and our other services and systems, (ii) to develop new products and services, (iii) to prevent abusive and fraudulent use of the PsyberGuide Website, (iv) to personalize and display content on the PsyberGuide Website or customize our products and services to you, (v) to monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed or monitor your participation in various sections of the PsyberGuide Website; and (vi) for other customer service, administrative and internal business purposes.
- When We Disclose Personal Information
- Service Providers
- Legal Requirements; Emergencies; Compliance
- Change of Ownership
In the event of a merger or reorganization with, acquisition by, sale, assignment, transfer or other disposition of our business or assets to, or a joint venture with, another entity, we reserve the right to transfer all of your Personal Information, including names, email addresses, and phone numbers, to that entity. We will use reasonable efforts to notify registered users of such a transfer (by a posting on our homepage, or by email to your email address that you provided to us, as chosen by us in our discretion).
We use industry standard security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of Personal Information under our control. Although we make good faith efforts to maintain the security of such Personal Information, we cannot guarantee that it will remain free from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, or alteration. Further, while we work hard to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent “hackers” or other unauthorized persons from illegally accessing or obtaining this information. Therefore, although we use industry standard practices to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your Personal Information will always remain private.
If we learn of a security breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using the PsyberGuide Website or providing Personal Information to us, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the PsyberGuide Website. If a security systems breach occurs, we may post a notice on our homepage (http://psyberguide.org), or elsewhere on the PsyberGuide Website and may send email to you at the email address you have provided to us. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
- Aggregate Data
- Control Over Information
If the information that you have provided to us changes (such as your e-mail address or telephone number), you no longer wish to receive communications from us, or you would like to request or delete any personal information that we have about you, please contact us at email@example.com and we will address your request.
Please be aware that even if you update or remove Personal Information that you have provided to us, your Personal Information may be retained in our backup files and archives for a reasonable period of time for legal purposes.
- Third-Party Sites
The PsyberGuide Website may contain links to websites and information regarding products and services provided by third parties. Any Personal Information you provide to third parties via use of third-party sites, or use of third party products or services, is provided directly to that third party and is subject to that third party’s policies governing privacy and security. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third-party sites. We encourage you to learn about third parties’ privacy and security policies before providing them with Personal Information.
- International Users and California Privacy Rights
If you do not wish to receive newsletters, e-mails or information from us regarding fundraising or products and services that we believe may be of interest to you, or if you would prefer that we do not share Personal Information about you on a going-forward basis with our affiliates and/or with third parties, you may opt-out by clicking “Unsubscribe” in the footer of any email we send, or by contacting us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please specify clearly which of the following choices you are opting out of:
- Receiving newsletters, emails or other information from us, or
- Allowing sharing Personal Information about you.
We will endeavor to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out as described above, we will not be able to remove Personal Information about you from the databases of third parties with which we have already shared Personal Information about you (e.g., third party service providers to whom we have already provided Personal Information about you as of the date that we implement your opt-out request). If you wish to cease receiving e-mails from third parties, please contact the third parties directly or utilize any opt-out mechanisms set forth in their respective privacy policies or e-mails to you.
- Contacting Us
You agree and acknowledge that we may use and disclose to third parties aggregate data in a non-personally identifiable manner for any purposes (including for promotion of OMI or the PsyberGuide Website).
One Mind Institute
P.O. Box 680
Rutherford, CA 94573
We will respond via email unless you specifically request a response by postal mail.